Dads and kids will love our easy, make-ahead casserole. Moms will be impressed by the pretty Cranberry Mimosa - and the morning off!
Serving: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf white sandwich bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups milk or half & half
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper, plus 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- For the Cranberry Mimosas
- Equal parts cranberry and orange juice
- Champagne to taste or sparkling water
Make the casserole, up to a day ahead and refrigerate. Crumble the sausage into a pan. Saute until browned. Drain fat from pan. In a large bowl, whisk milk or cream, eggs, salt and pepper and dry mustard. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer ingredients into greased pan: bread, sausage, cheese and pour custard over top. Bake in a preheated 350F over 45-60 minutes. For the Mimosas: Pour into a pretty glass or champagne flute and serve!