Yummy, without the fat of deep frying!
Serving: 4-5 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 3 potatoes - use large, baking potatoes, even the ones wrapped in foil are good
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 halibut or haddock fillets (1 lb/500 g total)
- 3 cups (750 mL) corn flake crumbs or bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
Scrub potatoes or peel potatoes (only you know how fussy your gang is, grownups love the skin on); cut into wedges. Toss with oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper; place on large, foil-lined baking pan. Bake in at 400 for 30 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 minutes longer or until crisp and golden outside and tender inside; remove from oven For a dipping sauce, mix equal amounts low-fat mayo and sweet relish for a homemade, kid-friendly tartar sauce.