Lemon Chicken Stew
An easy and nutritious one pot dinner.
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 ea onion, diced
- 4 ea carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 ea leek thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- juice of one lemon
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo or quinoa
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon or dill or parsley chopped
- In a large stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and dredge in the all purpose flour.
- Shake off any excess flour and then add chicken to the stock pot.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes; set chicken on a plate aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the stockpot. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the stockpot and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced leek and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Add the orzo (or quinoa), return the chicken to the stockpot, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until orzo (or quinoa) is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon (or dill or parsley).
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from http://www.foodiecrush.com/lemon-chicken-stew/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Lemon Chicken Stew – – –