Nutrition Month Featured Recipe: Fish Taco Bowl
For The Slaw
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 each Limes Juiced
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3-4 cups Shredded purple and green cabbage
For the Fish Taco Bowls
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 lb Cod or other white fish
- 1/2 cup Brown rice flour or whole wheat flour (can use white all purpose flour if that’s what you have)
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Avocado, salsa, lime wedges and shredded mozzarella cheese for serving
- Blend the oil, water, green onions, cilantro (if using), garlic, salt and lime juice in a blender or food processor until chopped/chunky. Add the sour cream and pulse again until just combined (you don't want it totally smooth more like an herby creamy sauce).
- Toss the sauce with the cabbage and Let it sit in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions
- Pat the cod dry with paper towels and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the flour, spices, and salt in a shallow dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge each piece of fish in the flour and add it to the hot pan, frying for a few minutes on each side. When the fish is golden brown, remove from pan and sprinkle with the salt.
- Plate each dish with a scoop of quinoa, a few pieces of fish, a scoop of lime cabbage slaw, and avocado, salsa, grated cheese or any other toppings you like.
- Serve with lime wedges
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!