Poached Fresh Fish
Lianne Castelino and Andrea Howick get your kids wild about seafood with this scrumptious, but simple, fish recipe.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Onion chopped
- 8 ounce Salmon fillet of fresh fish (sole, salmon or haddock)
- Pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk into your skillet and gently heat.
- Add the onion and simmer until soft, then add your fish fillet.
- Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes. The fish should be opaque and flaky.
- Remove from heat and mash, or flake fish with fork.
- To store, separate into small containers and spoon your milk and onions over top. This also freezes nicely.