The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie
Crispy or chewy? Chocolate chips or raisins? Large-flake or quick oats? It seems with oatmeal cookies, everyone has an opinion. a secret ingredient makes these a great chewy version.
- 2 1/4 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 2,25 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt or Applesauce
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cup Large-flake Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Raisins or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream the shortening, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add in the yogurt or applesauce and vanilla.
- Blend in the oats and flour mixture.
- Finally, stir in raisins or chips.
- OR you can divide the batter then add half the amount to each half.
- Drop by small tablespoon onto cookie sheets and bake 11 minutes approx. Don't let them brown!
- Cool and serve
Calories: 867kcalCarbohydrates: 123gProtein: 14gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 279mgPotassium: 403mgFiber: 5gSugar: 54g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!