Oven Crunch Fish n' Chips
Yummy, without the fat of deep frying!
- 3 ea Potatoes Use large, baking potatoes, even the ones wrapped in foil are good
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 ea Halibut or Haddock fillets (1 lb/500 g total)
- 3 cup Corn Flake Crumbs or Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Italian Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 ea Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
Scrub potatoes or peel potatoes (only you know how fussy your gang is, grownups love the skin on)
Cut into wedges
Toss with oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper
Place on large, foil-lined baking pan. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
Turn and bake for 10 minutes longer or until crisp and golden outside and tender inside. Remove from oven
For a dipping sauce, mix equal amounts low-fat mayo and sweet relish for a homemade, kid-friendly tartar sauce.
Calories: 660kcalCarbohydrates: 106gProtein: 37gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1105mgPotassium: 1068mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9g